Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Why Are You A Marketing & Sales Trainer?

Without marketing, there are no sales & without sales, there is no need for marketing.



When I go into businesses and train they ask me why do we need are sales people here? I thought you were training our marketing department, yes I am however if your sales people don't know what your marketing team is doing, there is a total disconnect. When the communication is lacking between sales and marketing your business is absolutely losing money no question, it's guaranteed.


Salesforce.com states that only 8% of companies combine their sales and marketing teams together, no wonder these business owners think I'm a little crazy.  When you merge your teams together and marketing listens to the needs of the sales professionals and clients amazing things start to happen within the company. 



When I set up my consultation, I want to meet with sales manager & marketing managers, this immediately scares the business owner.  Only a handful of trainers do this and it well, I trained in sales first &  then marketing became my passion because I needed bodies to sell too.  So well I realized how many companies out in the world were not merging their sales and marketing teams together, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Research after research showed me theses statistics look at Salesforce, understanding this is what made me unique in my training.  Communication is King!

I have turned away so many companies that are looking for immediate results but are not willing to merge these two branches of their company together.  It's peculiar to me, I am not asking for them to sit together just weekly meetings or basic understanding of each other needs and wants to grow.  The sales professional are usually on board as well as the marketing team, here is where it gets good it's the manager's, directors, and the VP's they are the problem.  My suggestion is to get over it already if you're not growing, you're dying. 

One of that last consultation I was with the director's of sales & marketing and I invited the CEO, who was reluctant but he hired me, so he came.  I had already spoke with the marketing team and the sales team and was ready to present my suggestion. When the four of us were in the board room and I showed my plan the CEO was thrilled.  The two directors decided I had know idea what I was talking about, this could never work we are separate entities.  My answered stunned them, I said and you can stay that way and exactly where you are it is no problem, however, I here to help your company to grow.

 Here is what happened throughout this process one person understood how imperative it was for the sales and marketing teams to work together.  This woman had great ideas and a solution thinker, and really supportive and seemed to be well liked in the company.  I suggested to the CEO that he may want a coordinator to bring the two directors together and slowly merge them together.  The CEO said what a great idea, I brought up the woman and stated she seemed like a good fit as a go-between.  The directors seem to both like her and stated, this does make sense and we want to grow, let's discuss it further.  

When I did the follow-up with the four of them, I found out that the CEO named the woman, Director of sales and marketing overseeing the both of them.  Amazing, understand I only give suggestion and guidelines to help them in getting a better ROI.  Here is the best part they were all happy, which surprised me because she was new to the company and had no formal college degree.  The sales team increased sales by 18% and the marketing team decreased the lead cost per acquisition.  Work together as a team, read this article below & learn more.  Contact me to work with your company. 


End the cultural differences between your sales and marketing teams.

   Harvard Business Review -  Ending the War Between Sales and Marketing



Welcome to BANK™!